2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity
The maximum 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity is 13,300 pounds. As for payload, Denham Springs drivers will be able to haul up to 2,280 pounds in their truck bed. How is it that an entry level truck is able to do this? You can thank new design innovations like the Silverado’s hydroformed, boxed high-strength steel frame and a roster of new towing features.
Read on for more details about how the Silverado 1500 is able to achieve such exceptional towing capacity for its class. See how the performance specs and interior features of the Chevy Silverado compare with the Ford F-150. Then fill out a pre-approval and explore our new vehicle specials to see how much you can save!
Chevrolet 1500 Towing Capacity Per Engine
Read on for a quick breakdown of the specs and towing capacities available on each of the Chevy Silverado 1500 engines:
- 4.3L V6 Engine: With 285 hp and best-in-class torque at 305 lb-ft, this standard engine provides up to 7,900 pounds of towing power.
- 2.7L Turbo Engine: 310 hp and 348 lb-ft of torque raise the towing capacity to 9,000 while increasing fuel efficiency.
- 5.3L V8 Engine with Direct Fuel Management: At 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque. Towing capacity is elevated to 11,500 pounds (Note: the same engine with active fuel management tows up to 10,000 pounds).
- 6.2L V8 Engine: Towing maxes at 13,300 pounds (when equipped with the RST trim) thanks to 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque.
- 3.0L V6 Turbo-Diesel: With 260 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque, expect to tow up to 9,500 pounds. Going diesel also increases fuel consumption.
Here are a few of the technologies that come together to make the 2021 Chevrolet 1500 towing capacity so high, and your towing experience on Walker roads so smooth:
- Trailering Package: Standard, this package offers you a trailering hitch platform, a 4-pin connector, 2-inch receiver, a 7-wire harness with a 7-way sealed connector, and an automatic locking rear differential.
- Optional Max Trailering Package: This adds on a Handling/Trailering Suspension Package, upgraded rear springs, and more. Just remember, it’s only available on higher trims.
- Optional Tow Mirrors: You can purchase Chevy Silverado 1500 towing mirrors to better see your trailer when parking.
Test Drive the Chevrolet Silverado 1500 in Baton Rouge
Gonzales drivers who want to get a closer look at the new Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity or the Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing mirrors can give us a call at 225-465-2829. We’ll happily breakdown all the Silverado’s advanced features for you. Be sure to explore our manufacturer guides for more informative reads! Learn more about the 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 interior specs.
More from Ralph Sellers Chevrolet
The Chevrolet Silverado 1500 is one of the most popular trucks for sale at our Baton Rouge dealership. Not only are there multiple engines that you can equip this truck with but there are many interior and exterior Chevy Silverado colors available to you. From the Black Chevy Silverado to the Red Chevy Silverado, you can…
Chevrolet has made a big name for itself by making some of the best trucks on the roads of Walker today. One of the most popular Chevrolet trucks for sale at our Baton Rouge dealership is the 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500. When Denham Springs drivers need a truck that can take a lot of push, the Chevy…
When Walker truck drivers want to get more from a truck, they turn to the 2022 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. Few heavy-duty trucks can compete with the high performance of this truck, which is why so many truck drivers turn to the Silverado 1500. One highlight of this truck that is a major selling point for…